Episode 28: “Mistakes make us better, and make whiskey necessary”
In Episode 28, Mark and Jamie begin by having our spouses pour mystery whiskeys for us. We don’t know what they are when we start drinking them. Mark’s wife at least joins him occasionally in a dram, but Jamie’s wife is truly pouring without experience, but he’s safe since it is from his own shelf. Mark and Jamie give their best guess, so listen and see if they get it right.
Jamie and Mark then build on Mark’s highly successful, and prolific, podcast My Favorite Mistake. We talk about the podcast, its neat origin story, and then we dive into a couple of our own favorite mistakes, although without the systematic breakdown he includes in his podcast. We explore the whole point of examining our favorite mistakes. Along the way, we cover old label designs and baseball and sushi.
- Mark celebrated his 10 year anniversary as part of the KaiNexus team
- Mark’s mystery pour, Old Pulteney Single Malt Scotch Duncansby Head Lighthouse and his 2nd pour from Teeling
- Jamie’s mystery pour from 10 year old Whistle Pig rye and his second pour, a 10-year-old Jura scotch
- Mark’s My Favorite Mistake podcast
- Episodes that were lean-related, including Karyn Ross, Billy Taylor, and Karen Martin
- Whiskey-related episode about Garrison Brothers
- The favorite mistake story behind Angostura bitters’ label
- Redemption Whiskey and Tyler’s Mistake
- Chicago Cubs baserunning mistake that wasn’t
- Food: uni and poutine, just not together
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and follow!